Hello Blog fans....Now officially including Sara and my mom. Thanks for reading my rambles.
So I just got to Atlanta for the NICHQ Learning Collaborative http://www.nichq.org/about/index.html We are meeting with lots of states who have better newborn hearing screening follow-up, so that we can be better at helping babies hear. Kinda a warm and fuzzy event if I do say so myself.
So I arrive in Atlanta (my black cloud seems to have received a copy of my itinerary because it was nice and sunless for my arrival). I get my key to the room no problem, and then enter my nice hotel room to find a nice pretty basket filled with goodies like snickers bars, peanuts, and bottled water. I quickly walktowards the basket and see a card. I pick up the card and see that it says "Ms. Carolyn Green." READ: NOT FOR RED.
I ponder for a moment about what to do, and quickly realize that I should call the front desk in case Ms. Green comes lookin' for her basket. Plus I would feel guilty forever if I ate someone else's free food. I call the front desk and explain the situation and the front desk clerk says "Oh yes Mrs. Evans, you seem to be in the correct room, but it looks like that basket is in the wrong room somehow. I will need to send someone up there right away to get that basket from you."
Not even 30 seconds later room service knocks on my door (try getting that kind of service when you are waiting on anything you need from a front desk at a hotel), quickly greets me and says " I see this basket isn't for you." I gave him an awkward smile and replied "Good thing you are so quick, I might have given that food a good home."... Then he chuckled and walked away.
Now I am certainly not about to say that I expected any better thanks for returning the basket, but after talking with Patrick about this we came up with some interesting conversation surrounding this issue:
1. How crappy must that room service dude felt to have to take candy from some random redhead at 8:00 at night?
2. What kind of person takes candy from a redhead?
3. Should I have "turned on the waterworks" to make the situation more awkward for all involved and screamed something like... "I was just trying to help the babies hear"...?
4. Could they have least let me keep the water?
All in all it was a pretty awkward start to the trip. I am think I am going to go down to the lobby to pay for $50 peanuts, and search for people eating snickers bars. I hope to find this Ms. Green. I will keep you posted on this, and all the other fun Atlanta happenings, Sara and Mom.
No comments:
Post a Comment