Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Dreaming Big!

Welcome back everyone! (now including my sister, mom, Monica, Leslie, Carrie, Sarah, and Mandy). Bless you for pretending I am cool enough to blog on a regular basis.

As you may have noticed, I don't appear to have too exciting of a social life. If you scroll down, you may find that I really spend most of my time helping kids with hearing loss, helping their parents, or talking about helping with something related to d/hh. Although I find it to be the greatest thing in the world...it turns out others are not as excited as I am about the nerd talk.

In an effort to expand my horizons beyond my business, and my daily visits to the YMCA to workout, I decided to pay for some friends. Because nothing says exciting social life like an expensive women's social club. As of this month, I am now a new member of the Junior League of Richmond. This month I have already been to a couple happy hours, and a social. I have met some great girls... including another 20-something business owner, and someone who also works with ear related things, so I am sure to not have to talk about other things for too long! I will be sure to blog about this aspect of life in between my nerd blogs.

In other more important news. LOTS of people are going to be here to visit soon for TCU HORNED FROG FOOTBALL!!!! I am so pumped. The best part is Leslie will be here to hang out the entire weekend! YES! "Robert's people," or my "friend-in-laws" as I lovingly refer to them (for some reason they don't like it when I call them names), will be meeting in DC for some fun, and then joining us at the TCU at UVA game on Sept 12.

And finally, I will get to have my favorite kind of nerd fun in St. Louis over labor day weekend! I will be reunited with my Northwestern AuD buddies for Serena's wedding. I CAN'T WAIT!

That's all for now.

RED
PS- Say some prayers for an all clear at my annual cancer scans at MD Anderson on Sept 8 & 9. Here's to hoping my body has decided to take a holiday from tumor growing...

PPS- Stay tuned to the blog for a BIG announcement about an exciting new program we're starting as part of the business!

No comments:

Post a Comment