Monday, March 8, 2010

First blog of 2010

Goodness, Internet!!! I really have not been an active blogger... or maybe the truth is that I don't really have too interesting of a life, and can only find things to blog about quarterly. Apologies for those readers (mom) who I may have left hanging in cyberspace for months!

Now comes the part where I update y'all on the not so exciting parts of my life. Of course in the spirit if winter we got more snow this winter than I care to discuss in a blog, or can really bring up without using language that would make this blog not so G rated.... I will briefly report that we now own "snow equipment" which is really an example of personal growth in the Evans family...we are now out of denial and moving through the grief cycle. Of course still mourning our loss of sunshine for 5 months a year.

On to more positive things.... we got to start the year with a super audiology extravaganza/nerd-fest in Chicago at the Worthington wedding. Seriously AWESOME event. I was honored to read the Irish blessing, and shake it on the dance floor with a room full of people with ear protection in their purses and pockets...


February was a month full of blessings including celebrating 2 years of marriage, and 7 years of cancer survivorship! What a blessing that my liver is still holding strong, and that Robert still puts up with all of my crazy!

I of course still pretend like I can run a business in 2 locations and keep my head on straight. What a learning curve and blessing it is to learn on the job, and google things like "how to hire someone......" (yes I actually did this, then asked "real" experts to confirm my google research findings). The good thing is that I have a crackberry now so I look professional when I google "how to run a business," or "how did I go to college for more than 7 years, accumulate a butt load of student loans, and not take one class on how to run a company"

Finally I will use the last part of this blog to congratulate the many friends who had babies/will be having a baby soon. Congrats to all the new editions, and sorry for my delay in internet love.

more bloggin to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment