So those who I may talk to outside of my blog page may know that I have had some pretty fun airplane adventures lately. In fact, I thought I would write a list of all of the reasons I have been delayed on an airplane. You know, instead of facing the reality that my computer crashed last week, and I am still recovering files.
The list is categorized by trip so that things will look more dramatic.
Last weekend on my way back from Texas we got out to the runway, and were then directed to go back to the gate and let someone off because we were too heavy... so some dude got off with his bag, and 30 minutes later we were off.
On a trip to and from New Mexico in Jan :
This trip itinerary should have read "1:30 PM flight from RIC to DFW with a 1 hour layover then off to Albq, and return."
Instead it was as follows:
1:30 flight from RIC to DFW boarded and then canceled because defrosters were broken. Board a second flight around 6 which is delayed for weather.
11:00 PM flight from DFW to Albq delayed with a gate change because "plane out of service" Finally land in Albq at 1 am.
Our return flight Albq to DFW was delayed because it was thinking about raining in Dallas, then we missed our plane in Dallas resulting in an overnight stay.
Next day we are on the first flight out, we board, and the plane has another broken defroster, so we deplane and change gates... and then on the next flight we get out to the runway go to take off, and then the captain says "Ladies and gents, we are having some issues with the autopilot, I am checking the manual right now to see if we can fly without it." I reply..."UMMM... How about, NOOOO!!!?? " I was of course correct, we had to take a u-turn back to the gate, and the flight attendant comes over the loud speaker to say " Please stay in your seats with your seat belts fastened because we have no idea what we are doing." It was in that sweet flight attendant prosody which allows you to say words such as "lavatory," and "deplane" without anyone looking at you funny. So there we sat as we watched some repair guy drive up with a new part, then proceed to unscrew every part of the cockpit for as we waited with seat belts fastened for instructions.... we took off, and made it home just in time for 2.5 ft of snow.
Oh yeah, that almost tops the time we were on the way back from ASHA last year I was delayed because our flight attendant was "missing." Guess they found us another one because that was only a 30 min delay.
Ok that's all for now. Can't wait for the next trip!
No comments:
Post a Comment