Yay! It's only been a month or so since the last blog... Bet you thought I ran out of stuff to blab about! No worries, I am pretty sure I will continue to pretend there are things in my life worth sharing on multiple sources of media. It is of course almost the blog-iversary of this site, so I will be sure to fill the next month with extra rambles in celebration.
Can't say there is too much new in the way of family/work updates. I am happy to report we will have 3 full rockin' summer camps at the Hearing House Clinic, and can't wait to cook with the kids at the second annual "Camp Listen in the Kitchen!" I continue to love the sweet voices of the kids at work, and pretend it makes me qualified to run a business. We will also be taking grad students soon...... that way when I go places people can ask my students if I am old enough to be out of school.
Now comes the part where I share some cool new things I am into and then try to get you to think it is cool too so I can feel extra cool on the basis of numbers.
- Anyone taken Zumba? I love it, and wish I had time to teach it (or any other form of aerobics for that matter)! Take a Zumba class, I know you will love the booty shaking! Shout out to Leslie, loyal blog reader, for taking Zumba with me when she came to visit!
-I have started to read the book the Tipping Point by Malcolm Gladwell. I recommend to all who think they are too small to make a big change. If you like the book let me know.
- I am now writing goals so that I can be a winner. I recently found out that 3% of Harvard Business grads make 10 times more than the other 97% combined. That's no chump change if you consider the average Harvard grad makes 115K starting with a 20k bonus! Not sure where us TCU grads stand on that one, but either way I won't stand a chance at being a winner if I don't get some goals down asap! When using a tool from my mentor on how to start goal writing I quickly realized it is pretty tough to answer questions like "what kind of legacy do you want to leave?" I turned to Robert and said "Man this worksheet is hard!" He then responded "Well, would you rather have superficial goals?" in his very "Robert" voice...
-Speaking of Robert... we both LOVE Texas and think it is the best state of the 50, and I have realized I am married to "Mr. Way too Proud of Texas Guy"
If you don't believe me check out the post below~
Talk to you soon!
RED
No comments:
Post a Comment