Tuesday, June 8, 2010

VACATION

Yes, I mean a real one... not a trip for a work conference disguised as fun, or a trip to a wedding, or forced family fun event. I mean a real live break from work!!! Just in time for my bday.

Of course I thought the blog community should know, just in case you are wondering where I am next week, and missing my pointless rambles. My last few blogs have been not so normal, so now back to normal and my favorite types of pointless rambles.

On the news front, I am now attempting to "play" tennis. As many loyal readers know I am pretty ADD, so sports that require concentration are kind of my kryptonite. Tennis is no exception. Last year we made some friends at church who are also from Texas, we all went to play tennis and I proceeded to simply swing my racket in the general direction of the ball without making contact but once or twice. They never called us back to play again, which made me feel as though learning to play tennis is a real life skill that I need to acquire. How else will I get regular contact from Texans in the north (yes my Virginia readers, I do realize that Richmond is considered the "south," but when you are from Houston, everything is north).

So I have tried and tried to learn to hit that yellow ball. My best strategy is a mind over matter technique where I chant "ball ball balll ball ball" as the ball comes my way, and hope I don't get visually distracted by something shiny in the way. I can say that is effective now about 55% of the time!

I have of course acquired tennis clothing so I look like I know what I am doing out there as Robert runs all over the court pretending he can hit my crazy serves....

I am now proud to say that I feel I am at the point that I will be able to use Robert's B-day gift to me which is tennis lessons with a professional. God bless the coach who will have to work with me!

Well that is all for now... just a few more days of pretending to run a company before we are off to Myrtle Beach!!!

RED

No comments:

Post a Comment